Elevated Mold Levels Can Act as an Allergen, Irritant and Asthma Trigger

Petri dish with mold

While mold is a natural part of the environment and it is inhaled on a daily basis, exposure to elevated levels of mold in the air of people’s homes, schools or work environments can lead to indoor air quality (IAQ) issues and potential health concerns.

For mold to grow indoors, it needs moisture and a source of food. Unfortunately, many building materials, furnishings and personal belongings make for an excellent food source. If moisture is allowed to enter the indoor environment, it can become an ideal breeding ground for mold in as little as 48 hours.

“One of the best ways to control mold growth is to control indoor moisture,” said Jason Dobranic, Ph.D., Vice President of Microbiology and Life Sciences at EMSL Analytical, Inc. “This is why it is critical to prevent indoor water incursions, control humidity levels and dry any water-damaged materials as quickly as it is safe to do so.”

For the full article from EMSL Analytical, Click Below:

http://bit.ly/2oOYgxc

 

Advertisements